MEKONG DELTA CYCLING – ENTRY FROM CAMBODIA
The Mekong Delta Cycling 4 days as a continual from Cambodia with arrival on a speed boat from Cambodia is a convenience for cyclists to continue enjoying the Mekong section in Vietnam with the small villages trails, tropical fruit gardens, the maze of canals, fish farms, rice fields and schools.
Why this tours?
- Seeing Mekong delta at the trails bus can’t go into.
- Visit floating markets at sunset and early in the morning
- Enjoy the world of water with canals, boats.
- Cycle cross endless rice fields.
- Stay at a homestay with special experience.
- Visit a national biosphere park of mangrove forest
- Continue the Mekong delta cycling from Cambodia
- Start in Chau Doc and finish in Saigon.
- Total days: 4
- Bikes provided
- Group size: max 10
- Cycling length per day: 35 – 70 km
- USD 325 per person for group from 4 (please contact for individual booking)
- This tour can be made reversed with starting in Saigon and ending at Chau Doc for boat trip to Phnompenh
Itinerary of MEKONG DELTA CYCLING 4 DAYS WITH ENTRY FROM CAMBODIA
DAY 1: Phnom Penh – Chau Doc
After your 4 hour speed boat from Phnompenh downstream the Mekong river, crossing Kamsamnor to Vinh Xuong, you will be welcomed by our guide and have a transferred to hotel for check in and relaxed.
DAY 2: Chau Doc – Can Tho.
Take a boat trip In the morning to the fish farms where tons of fish are cultivated beneath hundreds of floating homes, to understand way they farm the fishes here, as well as to have a closer look the life on boats that are home for generations.
After the boat trip is the beautiful bike Tra Su biosphere park which is a mangrove forest with great source of flora and fauna. Further biking to Tri Ton along along a lot of Khmer pagoda en route and we might stop at some of them for a visit.
Stop at highway and take a lift to Can Tho city for overnight
DAY 3: Can Tho – Vinh Long
Take a boat trip early in the morning to Cai Rang floating market for the best view of floating market in Mekong Delta. The local people go to the market early and we don’t see much if we are late. After amazing scenery of the market, the boat will help to bring you back to the city and get over the Mekong river where your bike is waiting for a great Mekong Delta Cycling today.
That’s a cycling by going deep into villages where roads might be only for bicycles but it’s so peaceful and authentically Vietnamese. Biking along villages with numerous terracotta kilns, small canals with churches, fruit gardens, schools with beautiful faces of children, endless rice fields, etc.
After a fairy across a brand of Mekong river system, we cycle directly to our homestay. It’s great to have talk with people on the fairy. And it’s high possibility to get sunset on the river.
DAY 4: Vinh Long – Saigon
Enjoy a boat ride in the morning along CaiBe floating market and villages along the river and canals, before jumping on the bike and making fantastic cycling across tropical fruits gardens, walking bridges, ferries and authentic villages that no bus can go. Then the dirty roads might not be your problem.
The Mekong Delta Cycling today is made till Ben Tre where you can get a transfer by bus to Saigon along the bustling highway with great scenery of endless rice farms. End of the tour.
BOOK THIS TRIP
- All boat trips mentioned
- All entrance fees.
- All meals except the first breakfast and the last dinner
- Air-conditioned bus
- Truck to carry bikes if group is over 6
- Sweeties (snack, drinking water, towels, etc)
- Experienced English speaking cycling tour guide.
- Good mountain bike or hybrid bike.
- Personal expenses.
You can also continue Vietnam cycling on one of our tour extensions